Friday, July 13, 2007
Day 4 Nicaragua
Day 4 July 6th, 2007:
Waking up for once without Isa’s yelling is quite pleasant. It was about 7:30 and the light was shining in the window. In the rest of the house the only person I could see was Velvet and Isa. She said that Ak was checking on the house, Jason was showing Lee a cave at the beach, and Amy was still sleeping. She also said that ever since Isa had been up she’d been asking if she could “go get Brie up to paint” which is adorable. Shortly after that the power went out. I guess it goes out all the time here because there is not enough in the country so they turn it off and on to distribute it. Usually it’s only out for a little while at a time so we didn’t think much of it. Lee was cooking breakfast so I offered to help and when she declined I picked up my book and started reading. I ended up being glued to it for most of the day. Amy and I decided to go down to the beach for a while to read and swim a little. Also to escape Isa a little bit. She’s very persistent once you do something once. We alternately swam and read for about two hours or so until we headed back up. The walk back is really going to get all of us in shape! It’s all up steep hills or stairs and it’s pretty long. Back at the house Amy and I were pretty glued to our books so we retreated to our room and read for a while. I was almost done when Lee said lunch was ready. I kept asking if she needed help but she always said she had it. We all ate together and we went back to reading as everyone kind of did their own thing for a while. I found out that Ak had been waiting for the contractor all day. First he was supposed to be there yesterday, then 7 this morning, then 8 this morning…etc. It was really a lazy day. In the evening after dinner we all went back down to the beach in the dark to start the fire in the pit Jason and Ak had made. We invited the neighbors and they came down too. Back at the house the power was finally back on. And I got in the shower (there’s no hot water so it’s really not that pleasant). Now I am writing this as Jason and Amy watch White Chicks in the background. Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment