Friday, July 13, 2007

Day 7 Nicaragua


Day 7 July 9th, 2007:



I did absolutely nothing today. Literally. It was awesome. Amy and I both slept really late (9:30) and then read our books for a while. Everyone else was nowhere around and we didn’t know where they went so we just lazed around. Amy and I did a video tour of the house and a little of the landscape with my camera. It will probably make anyone sick who watches it since I was videotaping but you can see how everything comes together a bit better than with pictures. I made eggs, read some more (finished my book) and played card games and things. I drew a little and organized pictures on the computer. I barely left the house all day. The internet guys are finally here though and they’ve been working on it for hours but since they speak Spanish I really don’t know what’s going on with it. It’s about 7:30 right now and they’ve been here since at least 3 if not before. So the conclusion is that something has to be getting done right? They just say a lot of stuff in Spanish that I don’t understand and point and type. I’m very excited if they get it done though. I can finally put all this up and possibly some pictures depending on the connection. Lee and Amy are doing watercolors and Jason and Ak are watching “2 Fast 2 Furious” because they already watched the first one. I did some sketches earlier and I’ve been on the computer for a while so my hands are kind of hurting. Looking through the canopy tour pictures today was awesome. I wish it hadn’t been rainy because they are all a little blurry but are still really cool.

We are kind of running out of food again because we discovered that there were ants in some of it. It is best to keep everything in the fridge apparently so things don’t go in. But for dinner Lee made rice and beans and fried bananas and it was all delicious. Apples make good snacks around here. That’s pretty much it….we can’t figure out how to get the AC to stop and since it was fairly cool today its really cold in house. I’m in long pjs and a long sleeve shirt and I’m still chilly. Oh- I switched to my own room since Velvet and Isa left. It’s nice to finally but my clothes away. They have these awesome bureaus in the house that take up almost a whole wall but they have a bunch of drawers, a coffee table kind of thing and a closet all together. I want one! Anyway I’m going to go watch the movie because my fingers are cramping and being on the computer with no internet is starting to drive me crazy.

No comments: